Chelmsford Dog Association Brand/Assets Usage Policy
Use of the Chelmsford Dog Association (CDA) name or logos is allowed when referencing the organization and/or our goals.
Use of the Chelmsford Dog Association (CDA) name or logos for advertising or promotional purposes is only allowed with express permission from a member of the Board or other authorized representative.
Below are the official logos and banners for the CDA.
Chelmsford Dog Association Communication Policy
Rules and Standards
We use a range of printed communications and electronic tools to communicate with our members and the public.
A webmaster will be appointed to provide accountability and control over material published on the CDA website and any related discussion groups or social media websites, such as Facebook, YouTube or Twitter.
- The CDA logo must appear on all print, electronic and media produced or distributed for any purpose related to or associated with the CDA.
- Our website will include current information on events, contests, committees, policies, rules and by-laws.
- No offensive content or photos will be published.
- If we intend to publish a photo of a child, we will first seek permission from his or her parents or guardians and take care not to provide identifying information.
- We will seek feedback from members to improve the information available on the site.
The CDA may send email newsletters from time-to-time to provide information about CDA-sanctioned events and other business
- Emails will only be sent to individuals who have proactively requested such communication
- The individual may easily unsubscribe from such communications using a link provided in the email.
- Emails will be approved by the Webmaster or other representative of the Board of Directors before they are sent.
Use of Media
- Media for use in publications or communications by the CDA or its representatives must be legally acquired. Media must be licensed for use by the CDA or available under the “fair use” clause of copyright law. Such license for use must be acquired from the original author or artist (or that individual’s legally designated representative) and includes, but is not limited to
- Published text (including blogs and news articles)
- Clip Art
- Logos and other graphic designs
- The use of any copyrighted or licensed media without purchase or approval is prohibited.
Social media websites
- The Board of Directors (through the webmaster or other designated representative) must approve the distribution of any official communication representing or purporting to represent the CDA. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Email or printed newsletters
- Electronic or printed brochures or flyers
- Other content distributed via printed or electronic means, including web content posted to the CDA website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or any other distribution channel.
- We treat all social media postings, blogs, status updates and tweets about the CDA, by members, as public ‘comment’.
- Postings (written, photos or videos) will be family-friendly.
- No personal information about members will be disclosed.
- No statements will be made that are misleading, false or likely to injure a person’s reputation
- No statements will be made that might bring the CDA into disrepute.
- Abusive, discriminatory, intimidating or offensive statements will not be tolerated. Offending posts will be removed and those responsible will be blocked from the site, have access removed and/or be removed as a member of the organization.
We expect our members to conduct themselves appropriately when communicating with members and the public or posting material on public websites connected to the CDA.
Communication (printed or electronic):
- should be related to CDA matters
- must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully another person
- must not be misleading, false or injure the reputation of another person
- should respect and maintain the privacy of members
- must not bring the CDA into disrepute.