We are planning a work-party to do autumn cleanup and pre-winter maintenance on the park – On Saturday, October 2, from 8 till 12.
(The work party will happen in any weather less than a downpour.)
You can “register” for this event as a volunteer or contact the volunteer coordinator via email or on Facebook if you are interested in helping. (Do note, this does qualify as volunteer hours for high school students and the requirements for the National Honor Society.)
The park will be CLOSED for normal usage during this work-party, but volunteers can bring their dogs to hang out in the training area while we humans make the park nice for them (and us). [One human will be asked to keep watch on the dogs while the others work – with trade-offs for breaks.]
Things that needs to get done:
- General clean up of trash in the parking lot, along park borders and inside park.
- Rake leaves (maybe?)
- Rake wood chips off of path and back onto slope
- Put another layer of mulch in the “pee-circles”.
- Fill various holes around the park
- Trim brush in the area around the dog park sign.
- Trim brush in the Training Area.
- Trim the grass around the fences.
- Trim/Clear the grass in the parking lot
- Pull grass and weeds from the brick entryway
- Pull weeds from the mulched slope.
- Add more RAP to the All-Dog entrance and exit.
- Clean up/replace/re-secure the “mats”
- Fill Pot holes in the parking lot with RAP
- Re-fill the horizontal tire with Sand
- Clean up and refill the sand strip on the Small Dog side and the one on the All Dog side
- Use RAP to rebuild the berm at the base of the border fences in any places where there are holes under the fence
- More things that will occur or pile up between now and the work party date.
things we need people to bring, to help do this:
- shovels, leaf and lawn rakes
- weed trimmer
- hedge trimmer