As noted in the previous message from DPAC, the Chelmsford Board of Health has allowed the Chelmsford Dog Park to reopen.
Of course, STAYING open requires people to follow the guidelines and practice safe social distancing.
In addition to the guidelines from the town, listed below, the DPAC, the CDA, and the FCDP ask park goers to follow these additional guidelines
- Bring a mask and wear it when near others
- Limit the size of groups
- consider not bringing children
- Limit your visit to 30 minutes or less
OFFICIAL DOG PARK GUIDELINES
In accordance with guidelines issued by Governor Baker and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- All human users of dog parks should practice social distancing of at least 6 feet or more
- DO NOT bring your dog to the dog park if you are sick or if you have been in close contact with anyone that is sick
- Dogs should not share toys, treats, or other materials with dogs that are not within the same household
- Visitors of dog parks should supply their own bags associated with dog waste and take dog waste with them if designated trash receptacles are not available for normal use
- Use hand sanitizer before and after touching items from the park
- If this dog park is crowded and social distancing of 6 ft cannot be maintained, you are required to leave
Failure to comply with the above guidelines will result in closure of the dog park.