CDA Meeting Minutes 06/11/2020

Chelmsford Dog Association

Board Meeting Minutes

Virtual Online meeting using Zoom Meeting ID: 766-514-403

June 11, 2020  6:30 PM

  1. Call to order 6:42 pm
  2. Roll call
    • Kari, Kathy, Joyce and Will
  3. Approval of minutes from previous 3 meetings Minutes
    • Minutes for May.
    • proposed by: Kari
    • seconded: Kathy
    • Vote: unanimous
    • Still pending Minutes for February and April
  4. Officer Reports
    1. President’s Report (Will)
    2. Website and Media Report (Will)
      1. CDA FB Page:    
      2. CDA Website: See analytics 🡪
    3. Treasurer’s Report
      1. ($ Bank) ($ – PayPal)
      2. Received (reimbursement from DPAC for porta-potty expenses, Amazon Smile) Received $
      3. Payments (Zoom subscription – switched to a year subscription) Zoom subscription to expire June 21, 2021. Donations received from Annita Tanini $ and George Dixon $. during MSPCA pet food collection on May 30.
      4. Final disbursement to FCDP $ (completed)
  5. Committee Reports
    1. Fundraising/Events Committee Report (Kathy, Executive Director)
      • Donations
      • Mobile phones? (Final collection?) (pending) 1 more box to be sent out.
      • Phase III Brick orders
        • technically orders are complete (6 orders) as of May 31
        • Do we want to make a final “last chance” push Final CU brick order to be extended June 30! 
        • Joyce to post notification of extension.  Currently 6 orders.
      • Pet CPR+
        • New date TBD. If held in fall only 10 participants allowed due to state guidelines for COVID-19.
      • Doggie Photo Shoot
        • New date TBD. (suggest Sept) We are waiting to determine date once Chris knows his schedule.
      • Cars & Canines (Frank Rondeau) (Sept 19)
        • Waiting for DPW to respond to DPAC about use of space.
      • Howl’ween (Oct 10)
        • Waiting for DPW to respond to DPAC about use of space for parking.
        • We will use the rental area.
        • Need to start promoting/seeking Vendors (Will to send out RFI in June)
        • Friends will not be sponsoring Howl’ween. 
        • FCDP will hold an event on October 24 at Dog Park. They have assured CDA, the event will not be a Halloween themed event.
        • Kathy to obtain grill.  
      • Virtual seminar on Remote Training June 10 had 2 attendees.
    2. Volunteers/Membership (Joyce, Chairperson, Executive Director)
      1. CDA Memberships:
        • 52 Current Members
        • Reminder/Re-invite email? Joyce to send out reminders to people whose memberships have expired.
        • Membership listing is on Google drive,
      2. Volunteer Organization plans: tabled
  6. Old Business/Open Issues
    1. Pins (Tabled – no action)
    2. Possibility of automating seminar registration thru a guidebook application. Flyers hung at park to could contain QR cole. To promote events at park CDA will use existing bulletin boards. The green bulletin board on small side is not locked.
    3. Flagpoles at CDP
      • Need to make arrangements with Kari for 2 marines to help (?)
      • Rent the auger and cement mixer
      • Need the water to the fountains turned on at the park
      • Flag Pole installation to take 4 hours. Will to rent auger. Placement of flags to make a triangle. Next flag to purchase is State.
    4. Contest for the design of a dog park flag
      • Flag ended up being more expensive than originally researched. The cost of flag creation will be $. This includes shipping and delivery.
    5. Transfer of Physical Assets to FCDP (complete)
    6. Weekly Pantry efforts… This event is done. Maureen Foley from Food Pantry spoke to Kathy . There may be a need in July and August. Maureen to contact Kathy if there is a need. This event resulted in positive PR for CDA in the community.
  7. New Business
    1. Will to send out newsletter week of June 15.
      Information to include Final Brick order, Howl’ween and Cars/Canines.
    2. CPD called recently. Gate was not properly locked after FCDP work party. There were 2 people with dogs at the park. They could be fined for trespassing. Recycling bin was out.
    3. Pump for irrigation cracked. DPAC and CDA aware.
    4. Michelle Lee no longer a moderator for CDP Group page. 
    5. Kari concerned about her lack of participation due to school and job commitments. Existing Board members requested Kari stay on as Board Member. Kari accepted.
  8. Next Meeting(s)
    • July 9 scheduled
  9. Adjournment 7:25pm

Comments are closed.

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us