The park is currently: CLOSED 

CDA Meeting Minutes: 8/30/2018

Chelmsford Dog Association

Meeting Minutes

McCarthy Room, Chelmsford Public Library, 25 Boston Rd, Chelmsford, MA 01824

August 30, 2018  6:30 PM

  1. Call to order: 6:33pm
  2. Roll call:
    • Board present: Will, Sandra, Sarah, Danielle, Kathy, Beth
    • Members present: Barbara, Paul
    • Guests present: Jay A.
  3. Approval of minutes from last meeting: Motion to approve minutes from the July 24, 2018 meeting, as amended.
    Presented: Kathy
    Seconded: Danielle
    Vote: Unanimous
  4. Officer Reports
    • Website and Media Report (Will)
      • CDP Group: 2,280 members (1877 active) — 129/764/1850 (posts/replies/reactions) Views trending upwards for all sites.
      • CDP Page: 554/543 followers/likes, CDA Page: 800/776 followers/likes
      • FB location rating 4.1 (40), Google location rating 4.6 (75)
      • Website redesign – suggestions? Paul suggests posting short “blurbs” on the scrolling info box at top of page. Examples of small blurbs could include no prong collars, rules etc. Sandra suggests putting announcements on top.
    • Treasurer’s Report (Sandra) Current balance is $4,897.34/ Two charges to Lawn Mower SE Tyngsboro to replace slipping belts on mower. Pick up fee and estimate fee, which were then deducted from total after lawnmower service/ $9.77 Amazon Smile/ July 3rd deposit pending.- waiting on Joyce
    • President’s Report (Will)
      1. CDA Memberships: 21 Ind / 23 Fam (27 unrenewed since July 2017) 1 of each this month
  5. Committee Reports
    • Fundraising/Events Committee Report
      • Donations- $9 from “small dog side” in August/ $220 on “large dog side.” Danielle to adjust chart to omit months over a year old. Danielle requests to revamp orange tape around donation slot. Requests to paint. Board has no issues.
      • Restaurant Fund Raisers
        • Papa Gino’s (Jul)- Haven’t received check yet.
        • Zesty’s (Aug) – Went well. Total not known yet. Also said they would donate pizza’s for “Howl’ween” event.
      • Another group of old mobile phones to be donated (Kathy)
      • Chelmsford Fall Farm Fair (Sept 15, 12-4 at the Byam House) Danielle to purchase new balloons/ Kathy has prizes.
      • Chelmsford Fall Fest (Sept 23, 10-3 on the Common) Kathy and Barbara to do table.
      • Howl’ween (Oct 13)
        • Food permit (ServeSafe?)- Joyce to get permit. Will and Sandra to get Serve Safe certified
        • Porta Potty- Will to handle this.
        • Volunteers- Kathy to coordinate- make call to the High School and Nashoba Tech for community service hours (National Honors Society etc.)
        • Food & prices- Market Basket- Haven’t heard back, estimated to hear back by mid-September.
        • Raffle ideas:
          • Bowling party for 6,
          • Canobie Lake Park tickets – haven’t heard back,
          • Witches Woods tickets-will look into,
          • Applebees $25,
          • Outback and 99 to talk to,
          • $25 Pizza Palace, dinner and a movie.
        • Beth mentions silent auction.
          Jay mentions multiple silent auctions? Some could be silent auctions, table of traditional raffles too.
          Paul mentions a website for silent auction.
          Sandra suggests putting this info on a flyer to hand out at September events- Sandra to make flyer.
        • Danielle motions to purchase balloons for balloon animals at events, not exceeding $20.
          Seconded: Kathy
          Vote: unanimous.
        • A minimum of 15 volunteers is needed for Howl’ween.
        • Jay says he will be the volunteer coordinator for Howl’ween event.
          Will to contact Randy for DJ/
          Sandra and Beth to work the food table,
          Danielle and Sarah raffles,
          Carley for 50/50 raffle.
          Need approx. 4 people to direct parking/
          2 people at the registration/info table.
        • Contests & Prizes: Best dog costume, best dog and owner combo, best Heinz 57 mixed breed, best trick, wiggliest butt, best rescue dog. Prizes for first and second place?
        • Vendors- 6 vendors already signed up, all dog related, with the exception of Shane’s anti bullying group.
      • Bark For Your Park Grant (Pet Safe Brands) (decision returned, negative)- Will apply again next year.
  6. Old Business/Open Issues
    • Parking lot line painting- Handicap spots must be painted. – tabled
    • Scout Eagle Project Status (approved)- Project approved by counsel.
    • Nominations are open for (4) positions on the Board of Directors for a 2 year term (2019-2021). Nominations will remain open through October and the vote will be held at the Annual Meeting (November). Paul accepts nomination.
    • Insurance ($572 – TT Kosciolek Insurance Agency) – Paid
    • Bylaw review: Article IV, section C (meeting dates)
      • Regular meetings of this organization shall be held on the third or fourth week of every month in Chelmsford, MA, at least eight times per ye The meeting date, time, and/or location may be changed if announced at least three days in advance.
      • Will proposes it to read: Regular meetings of this organization shall be held once a month in Chelmsford, MA, at least eight times per ye The meeting date, time, and/or location may be changed if announced at least three days in advance.
      • Motion to amend Bylaw: Danielle
      • Seconded: Beth
      • Vote: unanimous.
  7. New business
    • September Work Party (Sept 29)-<
      • Danielle- airlock gate gets stuck.
      • Discussion to bring to DPAC/ideas for work party: There’s a large gap in small dog side because the gate is raised. /The exit gate from main area is too tight. RAP needs to be put under fence / The poles where old hinges where attached previously need to be grinded or filed down to avoid injury. Sprinklers need readjusting near barn/shed. Will asked Green Lawn to fix this/ The blue agility barrel is full of trash not supposed to use as trash- mark “for agility”/ Dead trees (last of the saplings) by bench near time out kennel in large dog side. Paul mentions some park goers have requested a mosquito spray/ Holes need to be filled in/ Water pump in the shed to be fixed (leaking) Paul suggests using bright colored clothes pins, for volunteers who can’t necessarily to physical labor, to put where work needs to be done.
  8. Public Discussion (15-30 minutes – depending on time) – Jay – mud pile in middle- has idea for shade and trees. Discussed that trees anywhere other than along the perimeter is difficult due to irrigation lines.
  9. Next Meeting Date? – September 18th
  10. Adjournment- Motion by Beth: 8:18pm

Comments are closed.